The Emergency Response and Rescue Corps (E.R.R.C.) is a voluntary, charitable and not for profit organisation based in Gozo, Malta. Is was created with the aim of preventing and alleviating human suffering, improving the situation of the most vulnerable people with absolute impartiality and without any discrimination as to gender, nationality, religion, race, class, religious or political beliefs. Its purpose is to protect and preserve human life and to ensure respect for the human being. Providing assistance to government established departments (as per statute) and entities is one of the functions that the organisation performs. Furthermore, E.R.R.C. offers water rescue service at popular beaches around Gozo and Comino during the summer months, ambulance services and first aid posts during public events. E.R.R.C. has also a youth section know as the CADETS. E.R.R.C. is a volunteer-led humanitarian organisation that helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are.
Our training, our EMTS, rescue personnel and our lifeguards are accredited by several international organisations. Namely our training is endorsed by:
- Association of First aiders UK
- International Scuba diving academy
- Highfield awarding body of compliance
- NAEMT (National association of emergency medical technicians)
- PHTLS international (Pre hospital Trauma life support)
- European association of emergency medical technicians and paramedics
E.R.R.C. is also a member of:
- International Association of Safety and Survival Training
- International Maritime Rescue Federation
- International Society for Fall Protection
- DAN divers alert network
- Institute of Civil Protection and Emergency Management
The vision of the E.R.R.C. is to be an effective, high profile, and dynamic humanitarian organisation, that is sensitive to the human needs of the most vulnerable communities.
Organization that operates in the humanitarian field. Namely first aid, ambulance service, first aid , lifeguarding and health and safety training, Disaster response, Civil protection etc.
- To act as auxiliary to the Maltese government, civil protection authorities and health department in terms of health and civil protection matters
- To assist the Armed Forces of Malta with the running of specialised rescue programs for its Corps;
- To assist the Malta Police Force with the running of specialised rescue programs for its personnel;
- To assist the Malta Police Force and the Armed Forces of Malta in providing relief services or any other services for irregular immigrants provided that these services are not in conflict with the Mission and Purpose of the organization - article 2.1;
- To closely cooperate with the Civil Protection Department and Public Authorities involved in the management of disaster situations, regardless of their nature.
- To carry out health and welfare programs for the benefit of particularly vulnerable groups, always promoting responsible co-participation with other organisations and the population at large.
- To promote and contribute to environmental protection and preservation.
- To co-operate with other organisations that share similar beliefs as ERRC.
- To show a constant readiness to provide assistance and a universal sense of solidarity to all those in need of its protection and assistance.
Current, past projects and campaigns: (E.R.R.C. leading role)
- Training the AFM in its Combat Medical Program and SAR by running specialized courses at instructor level to its personnel. EU funds have also been acquired for this project.
- Training of AFM air wing rescuers in pre hospital care
- Training police K9 handlers in veterinary life support
- Horse first aid courses for Mounted Police
- EU project tactical medicine – training of AFM instructors in Italy
- Eu project White waters – training of CPD and ERRC members in flood rescue and management
- Water rescue 2013
- Disabled scuba diving project
- Abseiling for all – youths with special needs
- Predeployment training for AFM personnel
- Water safety campaign at Skola Sajf
- Military first aid instructor courses – AFM
- Combat life saver courses - AFM
- Nicaragua building 5 water wells
- Parent to be first aid training
- Safe Cycling campaign at Skola Sajf
- Training of police recruits